Wild Bees in the tropical rainforest are of a different species compared to the typical domesticated honeybees used by commercial beekeepers. Tropical rainforest wild bees of the species Apis Dorsata cannot be domesticated and they lives mainly in South and Southeast Asia.
Different Apis Dorsata subspecies from different regions are different but they do have similar traits. They are believed to be ancient honeybees that has survived millions of years. Those in Malaysia and Indonesia are of the subspecies “Apis Dorsata Binghami”. They are also normally known as the “Giant Honeybee”.
Their hives are usually on trees higher than 150 feet. The favourite tree for the wild bees is the “tualang tree”. So the honey is sometimes called “Tualang” honey in Malaysia. These honeys are much sought after in Malaysia and Indonesia since they are believed to have healing properties and highly nutritious.
Scientific studies have shown Apis Dorsata honey to have healthier concentrations of different types of sugar (more fructose & oligosaccharide L2, less sucrose).
Compared to the typical “Italian brood” honeybee of the species Apis Mellifera used by commercial beekeepers, tropical rainforest wild bees are
- Larger in size.
- Have greater range and harvesting altitude capability.
- Feed exclusively on wild floral sources
- More aggressive
- Better suited to the tropical climate and forest
WILD BEE HONEYS ARE BETTER
Our wild bee honeys are harvested fresh from wild bee honeycombs. As such, they are better than commercial bee products in terms of:
- Higher nutrient content:
Due to the fact that Wild Bee Products is obtained from Wild Bees feeding from the multitude of flowers in the tropical jungle, it is reputed to contain much higher nutrient content of enzymes, vitamins, minerals, organic acids and antioxidants like pinocembrin, polyphenols and flavonoids.
- Healthier sugar content:
- Our honeys have an average content of 80% of reducing sugars (typical commercial honeys contains average of 65-70% reducing sugars). Reducing sugars are the simplest form of sugar that is best and most readily absorbed by the human body.
- Low in sucrose levels, ranging from 0.5 to 2% content (typically below 1%). Commercial honey contains levels of sucrose of up to 10% content.
- Contains Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen and Propolis:
Our wild bee honey is harvested fresh from wild bee honeycombs together with Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen and Propolis that are renowned for their health properties. Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen and Propolis are not harvested separately from our wild bee honeycombs as in the case of commercial beekeeping.
- Does not contained any unwanted chemicals like pesticides or antibiotics.
- Pesticides: Wild bees feed exclusively on wild floral sources deep in the jungle away from pesticides and pollution. The wild beehives are also not treated with insecticides, as commonly used by beekeepers to protect beehives from mites.
- Antibiotics: Commercially reared bees are sometimes fed antibiotics together with their sugar syrup feed, as domesticated bees are susceptible to various diseases. Honey is simply regurgitated nectar (or sugar) from the honeybee. As such, what the honeybee consumes will also be present in its products like honey, and even royal jelly and propolis. Health experts regard antibiotics present in honey as a serious problem and absence of antibiotics from honey is now regarded as a criterion for import of honey into advanced countries.
Note: Crystallization might occur for pure honeys depending on floral source and other factors. Crystallized honey is much sought after as honey sugar.
“ Caution Note: Not recommended for children aged 12 months and below. Risk of infant botulism. ”
NATURE PURE LIVE HONEY
Nature Life Pure Honey is 100% pure unprocessed honey which contains Royal Jelly, Propolis, Pollen, Vitamin B Complex, Calcium, Potassium, etc. It is a highly nutritious natural health food with an outstanding ability to enhance beauty, maintaining good health, builds body resistance and promotes longevity.
NATURE PREMIUM ROYAL HONEY – ROYAL GOLD
Nature Royal Gold Pure Honey is 100% pure unprocessed honey which contains Royal Jelly, Propolis, Pollen, Vitamin, Minerals and Co-enzyme. Royal Gold is the honey of the Apis Dorsata wild bee also known as the Giant Honeybee. It is a highly nutritious natural health food with an outstanding ability to maintain good health, build body resistance and enhance wound recovery.
NATURE PREMIUM ROYAL HONEY – ROYAL BLACK
Nature Royal Black Pure Honey is 100% pure unprocessed honey which contained Royal Jelly, Propolis, Pollen, Vitamin, Minerals and Co-enzyme. This dark honey is almost black in colour and hence its name. Royal Black is also the honey of the Apis Dorsata wild bee also known as the Giant Honeybee. Dark honeys contain the highest level of anti-oxidants and are best for health.
NATURE WILD PROPOLIS HONEY
Propolis is used by bees to keep their hive sterile. Nature Wild Propolis Honey is extracted from wild bee honey in honeycombs of the Apis Dorsata wild bee. The process involves using natural low temperature fermentation for a minimum of 8 years and augmentation with propolis liquid. It contains all the well-known goodness of wild bee honey and that of propolis.